Improving Health. Saving Lives.
The highly skilled, exceptionally well-trained physicians and other clinical professionals with Envision Healthcare through its three business units – EmCare, Evolution Health and AMR – are committed first and foremost to delivering exceptional patient care.
At Envision Healthcare, we spend millions each year to ensure that our more than 53,000 affiliated clinical and business professionals receive clinical, skills and leadership training that enables them to deliver state-of-the-art care and support services anywhere the need exists:
- In the hospital – through EmCare, the nation’s largest physician practice management company
- In the home – through Evolution Health, a nationwide leader in out-of-hospital services
- In the vehicles transporting patients between the two – through AMR, the nation’s leading medical transportation company, providing both emergent and non-emergent transports
By integrating the services of EmCare, Evolution Health and AMR as well as the data collected from each into one patient care delivery system, Envision Healthcare is redefining healthcare in the United States and realizing improved clinical outcomes for individuals, as well as populations of thousands. Our solutions include:
- Integrated clinical services
- Integrated clinical technologies
- Mobile integrated healthcare (MIH)
EmCare puts a high priority on Continuous Quality Improvement programs, bringing clients a wide array of resources devoted to patient safety, quality improvement and risk management in order to improve patient outcomes and prevent medical errors. EmCare’s quality management programs include:
- Fail-Safe approach – Set of best-practice clinical pathways associated with high-risk diagnoses.
- Software platforms – EmCare-affiliated physicians and other personnel are trained in the use of numerous software platforms (emergency charting systems) that are designed to improve documentation, coding/billing, adherence to best practices and clinical outcomes.
AMR is similarly focused on improving clinical outcomes, for individuals and for populations of thousands. Initiatives include:
- AMR Medicine – This program promoting our evidence-based patient safety programs.
- CARES program (Cardiac Arrest Registry to Enhance Survival) – This national program tracks sudden cardiac arrest survival rates in communities.
- AMR World CPR Challenge – An event taking place at locations across the world in more than 40 states and two foreign countries during which, in only two years, we have trained 116,727 people in potentially life-saving compression-only CPR.
Evolution Health also has spent significant energy on improving clinical outcomes. The company’s 16 clinical pathways for home health patients is unrivaled within the industry. Our patient-centered MIH model powered by our medical command centers ensures that the right providers deliver the right care at the right time in the right location with the hope of decreasing E.D. visits and unnecessary hospitalizations.
Together Envision Healthcare and its affiliated companies are pioneering the delivery of healthcare with an eye toward continually improving clinical outcomes.